Support for macOS Office 2016 ended on October 13 2020
Support for Office 2016 for macOS ended on October 13, 2020. Rest assured that all your Office 2016 apps will continue to function—they won't disappear from your Mac, nor will you lose any data.
How to use macOS Self Service app to download Office 2019 apps
Use macOS Self Service to download MS Office apps
- Go to the Finder.
- From the Go menu, select Applications. Locate Self Service.app.
- Scroll through the list of downloadable applications and locate Microsoft Excel 2019, Microsoft PowerPoint 2019, and Microsoft Word 2019.
- Click Install for each one.
- Office 2016 apps will automatically be removed when the new installs are complete.
Info about this install
- This install quits and removes the Office 2016 programs.
- The install is very large. Each one takes several minutes.