Moodle will be unavailable from Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 8:00 AM to Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM as we transition from Spring 2019 to Fall 2019. After the transition, Spring 2019 Moodle will be available at Moodle Archive.
Services affected: Moodle at https://moodle.macalester.edu
What is being done:
- Update security and functionality.
- Populate Fall 2019 Moodle courses and enrollments.
- Archive Spring 2019 Moodle courses.
- Remove themes that are no longer compatible with modern Moodle.
- Over the course of the summer the AIAs will be finding and evaluating new compatible themes.
- Change the login experience to use Macalester’s single sign-on.
Moodle login instructions:
- Go to moodle.macalester.edu.
- Click Login.
- If you are already logged into 1600grand or another Macalester application, you will be automatically logged into Moodle.
- If you have not already logged into 1600grand or another Macalester application, you will be prompted to enter your Macalester username and password.
- Check out ITS Notices and Alerts for more information about the login experience.
When is this taking place: Tuesday, June 11 at 8:00 AM to Wednesday, June 12 at 8:00 AM.
Further communications: AIAs will contact faculty about restoring any courses into Fall 2019 Moodle. If you have any questions, please contact the relevant AIA.