1. Student accounts are deleted after graduation; make a departmental account the owner
1. Student accounts are deleted after graduation; make a departmental account the owner Accounts of graduated seniors are disabled usually the last day of fall semester’s add/drop period. That means that any Google Docs owned by student workers will no longer be available. Do yourself a favor, and ask the student worker to change the document’s downer to a departmental account or use Team Drives.
2. Use Team Drive
Unlike files in My Drive, files in Team Drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done. Go ahead and create a Team Drive to collaborate with others on research projects, work assignments and more!
3. Add a star to the file or folder; use Starred menu to locate
4. Add the same file to multiple folders, without having to duplicate itKnow the differences between Add, Move, Remove, and Move to trash. Read carefully any messages that appear when you add/move/remove/or trash a file.
5. Search for keywords, not just titles
6. Use +mention with Assign to and keep track of action items in Docs, Sheets and Slides
6-1/2. Use Advanced search filters
You can find files in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides by searching for: File title, file contents, items featured in pictures, PDF files, or other files stored on your Drive. You can also sort and filter search results.