Congratulations to the class of 2017! We are proud of you, and we wish you the best as you head out on your next adventures.
Are you interested in hanging on to your Macalester email and Google Drive files? Begin planning to move your data to a personal account. Move it or lose it!
Keep your Email
- Your Macalester accounts will be deleted Sunday, October 1, 2017.
- You will continue to receive email as well as all-campus and all-student email postings until your account is deleted.
- Depending on how much email you have, it can take several days to move it to a personal email account.
Keep your Google Drive Files
- Once your Macalester account is deleted, all of your Macalester Google Drive files or folders will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
- Change ownership of your files where relevant. Change the owner of each individual Google Drive file. Changing the ownership of a folder does not change the ownership of the files stored within it.
- Do you own any assignments? You can't change ownership to your personal gmail account. Better make a copy for yourself, copy and paste into your personal account.
- Do you own any group projects for class that need to stay at Macalester after you graduate? Better transfer the ownership to another student who is not graduating.
- Do you own any work-study related Google Drive files that need to stay with the department after you graduate? Better transfer the ownership to your supervisor.
Keep In Touch
Before your @macalester.edu accounts expire, update your contact information in MacDirect, the online alumni directory! It's the easiest way to stay connected to Macalester after you graduate. You can choose whether or not you'd like to receive the alumni newsletter and magazine, or get updates on Mac events in your region - it's all up to you. Alumni and students utilize the database for networking and career conversations, and academic departments and professors rely on it to connect with former students. Visit http://www.macalester.edu/alumni/macdirect/ and stay in touch!
Check out the Graduates Technology Checklist for more info and detailed instructions.