ITS staff will conduct a scheduled system maintenance period Saturday March 11, 2017.
Services affected: Banner, 1600grand and potentially others. Voicemail service will be intermittent. Phone system will be down for 20-30 minutes.
Services NOT affected: Internet access, G Suite.
What is being done: multiple upgrades, patches and fixes.
When is this taking place: Saturday morning, March 11, 2017 between 6:00 AM and 2:00 PM. All services except telephones should be restored by 12:00 noon.
What you need to do: expect that other networked services may be down, completely or intermittently, during the maintenance period. To call campus Security when the phone system is down, use a cell or another off-campus phone and dial 651-696-6555
Further communications: no additional communications are planned.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Ramón Rentas at 651-696-6633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, February 27, 2017
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- Image was copied from the web.
- Sender's address is actually a compromised Wheaton College account.
- Official campus-wide communications from President Rosenberg are usually distributed by his staff, using official Macalester lists: Faculty-announce-l, Student-announce-l, Staff-announce-l.
- Brian Rosenberg writes good English prose, unlike this awkward salutation.
- Signature is copied from the President's webpage and is not his email signature.
- Slow down. Don’t click on attachments when you are busy and have little time to concentrate.