Seniors, in just a few weeks you'll accept your Macalester diplomas and become proud alumni, class of 2016!
Are you interested in hanging on to your Macalester email and Google Drive files? Begin planning to move your Macalester email and Google Drive files to a personal account. Move it or lose it!
Keep your Email
- Your Macalester accounts will be deleted Friday, September 9, 2016.
- You will continue to receive email as well as all-campus and all-student email postings until your account is deleted.
- Depending on how much email you have, it can take several days to move it to a personal email account.
Keep your Google Drive Files
- Once your Macalester account is deleted, all of your Macalester Google Drive files or folders will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
- Change ownership of your files where relevant. Change the owner of each individual Google Drive file. Changing the ownership of a folder does not change the ownership of the files stored within it!
- Do you own any assignments? You can't change ownership to your personal gmail account. Better make a copy for yourself, then copy and paste it into your personal account.
- Do you own any group projects for class that need to stay at Macalester after you graduate? Better transfer the ownership to another student who is not graduating.
- Do you own any work-study related Google Drive files that need to stay with the department after you graduate? Better transfer the ownership to your manager.
Check out the Graduates Technology Checklist for more info and detailed instructions.