Fall semester ends soon, and you're working on capstone projects, term papers, presentations, your résumé and other critical data. Is it all stored in one place? Along with your pictures, movies and music? What will you do if that computer gets stolen, dropped, lost or destroyed by a spilled drink (besides curse and cry?).
Back up your data. You'll be glad you did. There are multiple ways to do this:
- Macalester's Google Drive has unlimited storage space! Go to Create > Upload folder to easily back up your files.
- External hard drives are not expensive. Buy one. Use it.
- Flash drives are even cheaper. Buy two. Use both.
- Use CrashPlan (for Windows and Mac OS) or Time Machine (for Mac OS only) to automatically back up your data to an external hard drive.
- Check out cloud storage solutions, like CrashPlan+.