On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, ITS combined the Admin Common Drive and the Academics Common Drive to a single Common Drive.
How to connect the Common Drive
The path to the Common Drive (M Drive) will be updated automatically when Windows is restarted.
Mac OS X
- Go to Finder.
- From the Go menu, select Connect to Server
- In the Server Address field type: smb://files.macalester.edu/
- Click Connect
- Go to webfile.macalester.edu.
- Enter your Macalester username and password when prompted.
- Navigate to the Common folder.
Common Drive Details
- Use the Common Drive to share or transfer files between departments that do not share G Drive.
- Files and folders located on the Common Drive are accessible to anyone with a Macalester College network login.
- All users have access to view, edit, and delete files stored on the Common Drive.
- Do not share files with sensitive data.
- Do not use the Common Drive for long-term file storage.