Delegate a Macalester email account to another person.
- A delegate can be a department coordinator, academic office professional, executive assistant or any professional colleague in your department.
- Owners of personal, departmental, or shared accounts can delegate access to up to 25 Macalester email accounts. Examples of shared accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Delegates can read, send, and delete messages on account owner's behalf.
- Delegates can access account owner's contacts.
Email delegation has limitations.
- Delegates cannot change account passwords or account settings for the account owner.
- Delegates cannot chat on account owner's behalf.
Sent by will indicate to recipients messages sent by a delegateAny messages a delegate sends from another account will have the delegates name listed in addition to the account owner's name. The account owner 's name will be shown as: Account Owner Name (sent by delegate's email).
Delegation can be revoked at any time.Rights can be delegated from any @macalester.edu account to any @macalester.edu email account. Rights can not be delegated from any @macalester.edu account to any non @macalester.edu account.
For assistance with email delegation:
- Watch the Setting up Gmail Delegation YouTube video.
- Follow the set up email delegation instructions.
- Contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-696-6525.