- Upon your request, a single-line, non-display, corded phone will be installed.
- Residence hall and house phones can dial campus, local, and 911 calls only.
- To call a long distance number from a residence hall or house campus phone, a calling card is required (students are responsible for purchasing their own long-distance calling card).
- Sharing a phone may be required when multiple students residing in the same room request a phone.
- Requested telephone and voice mail service is made available at no cost to students.
- Caller ID is not available in residence halls or houses.
- Campus public phones are located on every floor of residence halls and in each house. These phones allow on-campus, local, and 911 calls only.
- Kirk Hall phones are installed in the common room and NOT in the individual bedrooms.
- GDD Hall phones are installed in the individual bedrooms and NOT in the common room.
- Summit House phones are in the bedrooms and NOT in the common areas.
- Phones have already been installed in the common areas of on-campus houses. Requests to install additional phones cannot be honored.
How to request telephone and voice mail service
- Complete and submit the Telecom Service Request Form to request telephone service.
- You will be sent an email notification with further instructions when your request is completed.
- For more information, go to http://www.macalester.edu/its/internet-telephone/telephone/.
What types of calls can I make with a Residence Hall/House and public access phone?
- Local, including area codes 612, 651, 763, and 952
- No long distance calls
What does a College-supplied student phone look like?
- Desk phone
- No display
- Caller ID is not avaiable