Monday, May 4, 2015

11 Things students should know about their on-campus telephone and voice mail service

  1. Upon your request, a single-line, non-display, corded phone will be installed. 
  2. Residence hall and house phones can dial campus, local, and 911 calls only. 
  3. To call a long distance number from a residence hall or house campus phone, a calling card is required (students are responsible for purchasing their own long-distance calling card). 
  4. Sharing a phone may be required when multiple students residing in the same room request a phone. 
  5. This service is made available at no cost to students. 
  6. Caller ID is not available in residence halls or houses. 
  7. Campus public phones are located on every floor of residence halls and in each house. These  phones allow on-campus, local, and 911 calls only. 
  8. Kirk Hall phones are installed in the common room and NOT in the individual bedrooms. 
  9. GDD Hall phones are installed in the individual bedrooms and NOT in the common room. 
  10. Summit House phones are in the bedrooms and NOT in the common areas.
  11. Phones have already been installed in the common areas of on-campus houses. Requests to install additional phones cannot be honored. 

How to request telephone 

  1. Complete and submit the Telecom Service Request Form to request telephone service. 
  2. You will be sent an email when your request is completed. 
  3. For more information, go to

What types of calls can I make with a Residence Hall/House and public access phone?

  • 911
  • On-campus
  • Twin Cities area, including area codes 612, 651, 763, and 952
  • No long distance or international calls calls

Will I be charged when someone calls my residence hall phone?

No, you will not be charged when someone calls your residence hall phone. Give your residence hall phone number out to your friends and family. If they are calling from outside the Twin Cities, they may be charged for calling you by their phone service provider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment