As the semester winds down, you're working on capstone projects, term papers, presentations, your résumé and other critical data. Is it all stored in one place? Along with your pictures, movies and music? What will you do if that computer is stolen, dropped or destroyed by a spilled drink?
Back up your data just in case:
- Store copies of your most critical files in your personal webfile.macalester.edu.
- External hard drives are not expensive.
- Flash drives (also called “thumb drives”) are even cheaper.
- Check out cloud storage solutions—some are cheap, some are free (like CrashPlan).
- Speaking of cloud storage, back up important files to your Google Drive.
- Consider burning your data to CD.