Have you seen this message in your Macalester Google Docs window?
Sometime soon, all Macalester Google Apps users will be automatically switched to Google Drive. If you have not already transitioned to Google Drive, go ahead and make the switch. If you need assistance with the transition, email the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or visit Google Drive Help.
Make the switch from Docs to Drive
Your files will now be stored in Google Drive. Just like before, you can upload, edit, share, and create files online.
- Go to your Google Documents.
- Click Find out more and get started.
- When the Google Drive window appears, click Go to Google Drive.
What's the same
If you've used Google Docs, some things in Google Drive will be familiar.
- Create Google Docs by clicking the red Create button.
- Share with exactly who you want — without email attachments.
- Search or sort your list of files, folders, and Google Docs.
- Preview files and Google Docs.
- Collections are now called Folders.
- More things have been added to the Settings menu, including upload settings.
- The left navigation has new views:
- My Drive
- Shared with me
- The Home view is gone. Instead, use My Drive to organize all of your files, folders, and Google Docs.
What’s completely new
- View and search Google Drive on the web in a visual way with grid view.
- Add a file to a folder by clicking the folder icon within a file or Google document, spreadsheet, or presentation.