- Back up everything you don’t want to lose or recreate.
- Use a strong login password.
- Get it logged. Get it back! Log your laptop’s make, model and serial number in My Inventory at Macalester Google Doc.
- Consider installing a laptop tracking software, like Prey. The FREE download is available at [ preyproject.com ].
- Secure your laptop with a cable lock. The Library and Campus Center will loan you one to use every time you’re working there.
*Because losing a laptop can take all the fun out of the spring term.
Information Technology Services: www.macalester.edu/its/safecomputing
- Environmental Health, Safety & Security: www.macalester.edu/security