A planned campus power outage is taking place on Saturday, August 4 from 6:00pm to Sunday August 5 at 2:00am in order to complete the electrical connections to the new Theater building. Expect some disruption of networked services between 4:00pm August 4 to 4:00am August 5.
- Banner and 1600grand will be unavailable from 8:00am August 4 to 4:00am August 5.
- ITS network systems and services including campus Wi-Fi, landline phones and Internet access will be unavailable from 4:00pm August 4 to 4:00am August 5.
- Email and other Google apps will remain accessible from off-campus.
- Macalester's Website will be unavailable from 4:00pm August 4 to 4:00am August 5.
- Carnegie, Neill, Art, Fine Arts Commons and Music will be without power from 6:00pm August 4 to 2:00am August 5. All other buildings will retain power.
- Air conditioning across campus will be unavailable from 6:00pm August 4 to 2:00am August 5.
What is being done: ITS will be powering down all services in preparation for the power outage. Banner and 1600grand will be unavailable starting at 8:00am. Other ITS services will begin shutting down at 4:00pm.
What you need to do: Occupants of Carnegie, Neill, Art, Fine Arts Commons and Music should shut down all computers, printers, and other sensitive electronics prior to Saturday, August 4 at 4:00pm. Only authorized staff will be permitted inside these buildings during the outage.
To contact Security during the power outage, call 651-696-6555.
For more information: contact the ITS Help Desk at 651-696-6525 or email@example.com with questions about the power outage.