During the week of April 21, 2014, Macalester's domain will automatically be upgraded to the new Sheets. Spreadsheets created after the upgrade will use the new version.
For now, this upgrade does not affect existing spreadsheets and only relates to any new spreadsheets created.
Sample of New Google Sheets Features
- Offline: Create and edit spreadsheets without an internet connection after setting up offline access in Chrome.
- Speed: New spreadsheets load and scroll much faster, removing many of the limits for formula complexity and spreadsheet size.
- Improved formula editing: Check out our new function editing tools to help you build complex formulas.
- Filter views: Create, save, and apply multiple filter views without changing what your collaborators see.
- Expand is no longer needed, all cells are shown in the new version of Sheets.
- The all new Sheets--coming to a spreadsheet near you
- Check out the New Google Sheets
- Unsupported features in the New Google Sheets
- Use g.co/oldsheets to launch old Sheets and access the Script gallery.
Contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-696-6525 for assistance.